Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: ZMEERAZ2
- EAN: 0019962012402
- Manufacturer: Z-Wave.Me
The Z-Wave.Me RaZberry turns every Raspberry PI into a Z-Wave smart home gateway. The bundle of hardware and precompiled Z-Wave wireless network management software waits to be completed by your own user interface running in a web browser or a mobile phone.
The RaZberry 2 has an optimized antenna, wherewith the module can achieve a range of up to 200 meters.
The RaZberry consists of the following parts:
- Z-Wave transceiver pluggable to the GPIO interface of the Raspberry Pi
- Optimized transceiver firmware running on the Z-Wave transceiver chip
- Certified Z-Wave communication stack ‘Z-Way’, running on the Raspberry Pi and providing a web-based interface
- Z-Way AJAX based demo user interface allows easy access to all Z-Wave functions of Z-Way and shows use of JSON interface
Please note: The package includes only the Z-Wave plug-on module and the appropriate software. The Raspberry Pi baseboard is NOT included. More information is available on the RaZberry website razberry.z-wave.me.
- Plug-on module turns any Raspberry Pi into a Z-Wave gateway
- Optimized antenna for up to 200 m wireless range
- Z-Way AJAX based demo user interface allows access to all Z-Wave functions and shows use of JSON interface
Introduction To Z-Wave Plus™
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new step within the Z-Wave certification process, designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced 'GEN5' Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or 5th Generation Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave has led the market in interoperable smart devices for the home since the first Z-Wave product was certified in 2004. With the introduction of the GEN5, Z-Wave 500 series hardware platforms, Z-Wave saw its ecosystem bolstered with new capabilities – including increased range, extended battery life, Over-The-Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more.
Products with Z-Wave Plus™ are fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products!
For consumers, homeowners, integrators and service providers, these enhancements offer tremendous benefits in terms of faster and easier installations, more extensive device profiles, improved self-healing and longer battery life. With the new Z-Wave Plus certification program, the Z-Wave Alliance is introducing a series of packaging logos that will be located on every Z-Wave Plus™ certified product, informing the consumer this product incorporates the enhanced capabilities of the Z-Wave 500 series.
- 50% improvement in battery life
- 67% improvement in range
- 250% more bandwidth
- Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
- New Plug-and-Play network-wide inclusion functions
- Improved self-healing and fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
- Standardized method for Over-The-Air firmware updates (OTA)
- Improved product information capture for product certification database