Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: POPU005206
- Manufacturer: Popp
The Z-Weather is an energy-self-sufficient wind and weather sensor, powered by a solar cell. Thanks to the energy management and the internal capacitor the wind sensor sends measured data to the Z-Wave Controller even during the night. The built-in energy manager automatically calculates and sets the wake-up interval between 5 minutes (on sunny days) and 1-2 hours on cloudy days or at the beginning of the day. Additionally, the energy management protects against full discharging and enables continuous operation for reporting gusting wind, storm or dusk in case of emergency and triggers appropriate actions.
The multifunctional sensor can capture and send different values via Z-Wave to the smart home center:
- Wind Speed
- Air Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Light Intensity
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
In addition, Z-Weather captures the energy delivered by the solar cell and calculates the possible energy yield of a photovoltaics system at the same place. The measurement of the solar cell’s yield is normalized to a solar module of 1 square meter and reported with 16% efficiency in kWh. To calculate the wind yield, every eighth rotation is counted and the total sum is reported as Pulse.
Thanks to Z-Weather you can trigger closing of the awning and blinds either by direct associated devices or scenes. Measures of the ambient light and the solar yield can be used to turn on the outdoor light at dusk time and turn the light off in the morning.
- World’s first energy-self-sufficient Z-Wave wireless sensor (solar-powered)
- First wind sensor with Z-Wave technology
- Multifunctional sensor measures different environment values (wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity, light intensity, air pressure, dew point)
- Direct device associations (e.g. closing the awnings independently from control center)
- Provides data on the yield of solar and wind energy
- Wireless Technology: Z-Wave Plus
- Dimensions: 300 x 121 x 330 mm
Before you can configure and use Z-Weather, the unit needs to be fully charged by direct sunlight for 4-6 hours. Without direct sun light, charging may take up to 12 hours.
Introduction To Z-Wave Plus™
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new step within the Z-Wave certification process, designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced 'GEN5' Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or 5th Generation Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave has led the market in interoperable smart devices for the home since the first Z-Wave product was certified in 2004. With the introduction of the GEN5, Z-Wave 500 series hardware platforms, Z-Wave saw its ecosystem bolstered with new capabilities – including increased range, extended battery life, Over-The-Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more.
Products with Z-Wave Plus™ are fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products!
For consumers, homeowners, integrators and service providers, these enhancements offer tremendous benefits in terms of faster and easier installations, more extensive device profiles, improved self-healing and longer battery life. With the new Z-Wave Plus certification program, the Z-Wave Alliance is introducing a series of packaging logos that will be located on every Z-Wave Plus™ certified product, informing the consumer this product incorporates the enhanced capabilities of the Z-Wave 500 series.
- 50% improvement in battery life
- 67% improvement in range
- 250% more bandwidth
- Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
- New Plug-and-Play network-wide inclusion functions
- Improved self-healing and fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
- Standardized method for Over-The-Air firmware updates (OTA)
- Improved product information capture for product certification database