Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: ZMEEUZBZIP
- EAN: 4251295700946
- Manufacturer: Z-Wave.Me
This USB Stick connects a PC or any other computing platform with USB interface to a wireless Z-Wave network. The platform must run a Controller software based on Z/IP from Silicon Labs. One example is Z-Ware from Silicon Labs, available free of charge from their website. This stick works with all certified Z-Wave devices regardless of its vendor or date of origin.
The device implements a virtual serial interface used by the Z-Wave application. Linux and Mac OSX has a built in device driver for the stick and will create a new device named like /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 (OSX) or /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux). Windows enumerates a new COM device but may require a device driver uzb.inf available at www.z-wave.me.
- USB/Z-Wave: VID/PID: 0658/0280 ; Z-Wave Role: Bridge Controller; Z-Wave SDK: 6.71 (Z-Wave Plus); Z-Wave Cert: ZC10-14090020
- Wireless Transceiver: Antenna: Helix; TX Power: +1 dBm; RX sensitivity: -104 dBm (9.6kbps) ... -95 dBm (100kbps)
- Wireless Range: up to 250 m in open field, > 40 m in rooms
- Transceiver Hardware: Silicon Labs ZM5101
|Article Dimensions (WxHxL)||16.8 x 8 x 34.69 mm|
|Package Dimensions (WxHxL)||40.5 x 20.8 x 63 mm|
|Article net weight||0.003 Kg|
|Article gross weight||0.010 Kg|
Introduction To Z-Wave Plus™
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new step within the Z-Wave certification process, designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced 'GEN5' Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or 5th Generation Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave has led the market in interoperable smart devices for the home since the first Z-Wave product was certified in 2004. With the introduction of the GEN5, Z-Wave 500 series hardware platforms, Z-Wave saw its ecosystem bolstered with new capabilities – including increased range, extended battery life, Over-The-Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more.
Products with Z-Wave Plus™ are fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products!
For consumers, homeowners, integrators and service providers, these enhancements offer tremendous benefits in terms of faster and easier installations, more extensive device profiles, improved self-healing and longer battery life. With the new Z-Wave Plus certification program, the Z-Wave Alliance is introducing a series of packaging logos that will be located on every Z-Wave Plus™ certified product, informing the consumer this product incorporates the enhanced capabilities of the Z-Wave 500 series.
- 50% improvement in battery life
- 67% improvement in range
- 250% more bandwidth
- Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
- New Plug-and-Play network-wide inclusion functions
- Improved self-healing and fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
- Standardized method for Over-The-Air firmware updates (OTA)
- Improved product information capture for product certification database